Notice of Vacancy
Center for Technology, NCREL
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCRELŽ) in 1984, seeks candidates for the position of Program Specialist in the Center for Technology, with an emphasis on research. The person selected for this position will be responsible for reviewing quantitative and qualitative research on the effectiveness of educational technology in the following areas: school effectiveness, academic assessment, teacher effectiveness, online learning, professional development, technology planning, curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Specialist will be responsible for:
- Conducting literature searches; reviewing quantitative and qualitative research; and documenting the appropriateness and adequacy of the design, methods, and interpretations.
- Contributing to the content of departmental databases, which includes writing annotated bibliographies and summaries.
- Developing a working knowledge of achievement gaps, teacher and school quality issues, technology research, and technology policy and practices that result in improved learning and school improvement.
- Participating in Learning Point Associates research and development efforts related to the improvement of education in schools.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in education, psychology, or other social science research-related disciplines.
- Experience using Internet search engines.
- Interest in education research and demonstrated knowledge of research principles, methods, and design.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to work with a variety of educational stakeholders and audiences. Familiarity with American Psychological Association (APA) style is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software is required, and familiarity with databases is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to prioritize work.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The person selected for the position will have a primary organizational appointment in the Center for Technology. He or she will principally report to the Director of Technology, Center for Technology.
Salary and Benefits:
The position is a nonexempt position and assumes an important role in our research efforts specifically. The full-time salary is competitive and commensurate with the training and experience expected at this level of employment. This position is eligible to receive the comprehensive benefit package.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Donna Vesely Department of Human Resources
Job Code: PS_TEC
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.