Notice of Vacancy
Evaluation & Policy Research Group
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL) in 1984,
seeks candidates for the position of Program Associate in the Evaluation & Policy Research Group (EPRG) and in the Center for Educational Decision Support Systems (EDSS). The person selected for this position will be responsible primarily for leading and implementing policy research activities related to issues of teacher quality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Associate will be responsible for:
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative research studies.
- Writing policy analyses of existing quantitative and qualitative research in the area of teacher quality.
- Writing proposals to fund new work.
- Leading project teams and facilitating internal/external meetings.
- Contributing to existing research and development projects.
- Managing client relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master's degree, doctorate preferred in education, psychology, or other social science research-related disciplines.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of research principles and research design.
- Skill and experience in collecting data using a variety of methodologies and data collection techniques.
- Knowledge of SPSS, Microsoft ® Word and Excel ® .
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral. Familiarity with American Psychological Association (APA) style is preferred.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment, both with staff internally and other individuals externally, prioritizing multiple objectives to meet project deadlines.
- Experience in the educational policy arena.
- Strong communication/presentation skills with the ability to work with a variety of constituencies as well as to provide guidance and supervision to internal staff.
- Availability to travel, both locally and nationally.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The person selected for the position will have his or her primary organizational appointment in the Evaluation & Policy Research Group. He or she will principally report to the Senior Advisor to the CEO for Teacher Quality. Performance reviews will be conducted within the Business Unit.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Program Associate is an exempt position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with the training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive benefits package including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, resume, and salary requirements to:
Donna Vesely Department of Human Resources
Job Code: PA-EVAL_EDSS
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.