Notice of Vacancy
Applied Research and Development
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization
founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL®)
in 1984, seeks candidates for the position of Director, Applied Research
and Development in the Center for Education Decision Support Systems
(EDSS). Learning Point Associates has a diverse funding base that
includes federal contracts and grants, both public and private contracts
and grants, and the sale of products and professional services targeting
the K12 education market.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The person selected for this position will hold a primary appointment
in the Center for Educational Decision Support Systems (EDSS) and
will be charged with overseeing a program of Applied Research and
The Director will be responsible for:
- Designing and implementing research, analyses, and strategic partnerships on assessment, data use in states, schools, districts, and closing the achievement gaps.
- Managing the ongoing translation of applied research into the development of print and Web-based tools and resources.
- Contributing content to policy publications and institutional products.
- Contribute to the development of professional development and technical assistance strategies.
- Contribute to the continued growth in funding, identifying clients, and work within Learning Point Associates.
- Manage staff and budgets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master's degree, doctorate preferred, in education research, evaluation, sociology, psychometrics, or other related disciplines.
- At least four years demonstrated success in conducting and writing results of research and evaluation studies using both quantitative and qualitative data analysis techniques.
- Experience directing projects that provide research and services to local, state, and federal policymakers.
- Extensive experience in developing products and/or providing professional development and technical assistance strategies and tools for schools and districts.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work with a variety of constituencies as well as provide guidance and supervision to internal staff.
- Ability to work independently, as a leader, and as a member of a team.
- Some travel required.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The position of Director has its primary organization appointment in the Center for Educational Decision Support Systems (EDSS), reporting to the Executive Director of the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory. The Executive Director will conduct the performance review.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Director is an exempt position within Learning Point Associates. Salary is competitive and commensurate with training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive package including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Donna Vesely Department of Human Resources
Job Code: Dir_Rsch&Dev
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.