We HELP the people who work in education find the LEARNING POINT FASTER, more often and for more students.
Where am I?
REL Midwest Archived Events
Connecting Research to Practice:
October 2, 2009
Increasing Access to Higher Education
This full-day conference connected emerging research about increasing access to higher education to practice and policy. Participants engaged in a collaborative discussion with the following distinguished presenters: Thomas Bailey, Ph.D., Director of the National Center for Postsecondary Research; Freeman Hrabowski III, Ph.D., President of the University of Maryland, Baltimore County; Nicole Farmer Hurd, Ph.D., Executive Director of the National College Advising Corps; Robert Shireman, Deputy Under Secretary of Education at the U.S. Department of Education; and William Tierney, Ph.D., Director of the Center for Higher Education Policy Analysis.
- Read the IES Practice Guide.
- Read the Learning Point Associates policy brief, Connecting Research About Access to Higher Education to Practice.
- View William Tierney's presentation, Now is the Time: Improving Access to College.
- View Thomas Bailey's presentation, Preparing Students for the Academic, Social, and Culture Challenge of College.
- View Nicole Farmer Hurd's presentation, Empowering Students to Succeed Increasing Access to Higher Education.
- View Teresa Lubbers' presentation.