We HELP the people who work in education find the LEARNING POINT FASTER, more often and for more students.
Where am I?
REL Midwest Archived Events
Connecting Research to Practice:
August 14, 2009
Understanding Formative Assessment and Utilizing It to Improve Classroom Instruction
This full-day conference helped participants develop a deeper understanding of formative assessment by exploring what the research says, sharing lessons learned, and discussing ways to maximize student learning. Featured presenters included James Pellegrino, Ph.D., of the University of Illinois at Chicago and James Popham, Ed.D., and Margaret Heritage of the University of California, Los Angeles.
- View Margaret Heritage's presentation, Lessons Learned About Formative Assessment Use.
- View James Pellegrino's presentation, Using Formative Assessment to Maximize Student Learning: Some Examples of Tasks & Technology-Based Tools.
- View James Popham's presentation, Formative Assessment.
- Read the Learning Point Associates policy brief, Connecting Formative Assessment Research to Practice: An Introductory Guide for Educators.
- Explore the formative assessment resources website created by James Pellegrino.
- Learn more about formative assessment through the Data Use and Formative Assessment page developed by the Assessment and Accountability Comprehensive Center.