We HELP the people who work in education find the LEARNING POINT FASTER, more often and for more students.
Where am I?
REL Midwest Archived Events
Connecting Research to Practice:
June 5, 2009
Data-Based Decision Making and Access to Evidence-Based Practices
South Bend, Indiana
Designed for Midwest principals, this workshop focused on the use of data by school administrators to measure progress toward reaching the school mission. Featured was Mark Berends, Ph.D., of the University of Notre Dame, who conducted interactive sessions that led participants through exercises related to the four discrete stages of the data-use cycle.
- Dr. Berends' keynote address, Where is my school now?
- Dr. Berends' presentation, Choosing strategic goals.
- Read the IES Practice Guide, Using Student Achievement Data to Support Instructional Decision Making.
- Read the Guide to Using Data in School Improvement Efforts.
- Learn more about Data Use for School Improvement at Learning Point Associates.