We HELP the people who work in education find the LEARNING POINT FASTER, more often and for more students.
Where am I?
REL Midwest Archived Events
Connecting Research to Practice:
April 28–29, 2009
Connecting Research to Practice Workshop: Research-Based Models for Evaluating Teacher Effectiveness
Dan Goldhaber, Ph.D., and other experts delivered presentations at a workshop that was designed to help state leaders apply the lessons from rigorous research to the development of statewide teacher evaluation systems. Dr. Goldhaber described value-added tools and highlighted the findings from rigorous research studies related to teacher effectiveness.
- View the slide presentations and materials related to the workshop
- Read REL Midwest reports related to teacher evaluation
- Read A Practical Guide to Evaluating Teacher Effectiveness
- Read Methods of Evaluating Teacher Effectiveness
- Read Approaches to Evaluating Teacher Effectiveness: A Research Synthesis
- Read Improving Instruction Through Effective Teacher Evaluation: Options for States and Districts
- View the March 30, 2009 webinar, Evaluating Teacher Effectiveness: The What, How and Why of Educator Evaluation
- View the video from Dr. Goldhaber's presentation.