We HELP the people who work in education find the LEARNING POINT FASTER, more often and for more students.
Where am I?
REL Midwest Archived Events
Connecting Research to Practice:
March 16, 2010
Connecting Research to Practice: Transforming Struggling Schools
REL Midwest and the Minnesota Service Cooperatives hosted a one-day conference in Minnesota that engaged a regional audience of policymakers and practitioners in a discussion about the recommendations in the Institute of Education Sciences Practice Guide Turning Around Chronically Low-Performing Schools. Featured presenters included Rebecca Herman, Ph.D., from AIR and Lucy Steiner from Public Impact.
- Read the IES Practice Guide.
- View Rebecca Herman's presentation, Turning Around Low-Performing Schools.
- Read School Turnaround Leaders: Competencies for Success.
- View Lucy Steiner's presentation, School Turnaround Leaders: Competencies for Success.
- Explore the resources on the Doing What Works website.
- View Romain Dallemand's presentation, Rochester Public Schools.
- View Delores Henderson's presentation, Ames Elementary School.
- View Lee Obermiller's presentation, Royalton High School.