We HELP the people who work in education find the LEARNING POINT FASTER, more often and for more students.
Where am I?
Education Recovery and Reinvestment Center
Learning Point Associates Services:
Title I School Improvement Grants (Formula Funds Fall 09)
ARRA will provide an additional $3 billion in Federal School Improvement (1003g) Title I funds to low-performing schools. The funds are targeted for intensive support, ranging from turn-around and reconstitution efforts to interventions such as improvements to curriculum, instruction, and professional development, for the bottom 5 percent of schools. The funding also may focus on support for middle and high schools.
Learning Point Associates has developed a unique approach that allows states to implement district reforms on a large scale. Our approach allows for a quick start and provides the key elements for long-term change:
- Solid, comprehensive data are gathered at the beginning of the process.
- Clear expectations guide each phase of implementation.
- Local buy-in is fostered by providing flexibility and choice within the accountability system.
- Capacity building is achieved at the local level.
- Ongoing support is provided to monitor progress and correct course where needed.
Our fact sheet details how our model of reform implementation targets improved student achievement and will position your state to secure future funding to support your ongoing efforts.
For more information, contact us by e-mail or telephone (800-356-2735).