Notice of Vacancy
Data Management Associate
Evaluation & Policy Research Group
The Data Management Associate has its primary organization appointment in the Evaluation & Policy Research Group. This full-time exempt position's primary office locations will be in the Chicago and Naperville, Illinois, offices of Learning Point Associates.
Reference 06-MREL003 in response to this posting.
To be considered, candidates must include a resume and a cover letter that addresses their data management experiences.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing database programming and data analysis support
- Assisting in the development of databases and performing day-to-day data-management activities for many research projects at Learning Point Associates
- Reviewing, synthesizing, and reviewing the quality of large secondary data sets as well as performing basic descriptive statistics
- Assisting in ensuring the highest level of data quality by providing input in the development of standard operating procedures and developing specific database tools to automate the data quality monitoring process
- Establishing procedures for routine data quality review and effectively communicating deficiencies with study coordinators and other appropriate individuals
- Other duties, as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (master's degree preferred) in computer science, information systems, or related fields; or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, and experience
- Minimum of two years of relevant professional experience; one year as a database programmer
- Advanced knowledge of data systems, particularly MicroSoft Access and SQL Server 2000 design and programming
- Experience in at least one PC-based programming language, such as Visual Basic, VBA, or SQL
- Experience using an analytical software program such as SPSS or SAS desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.