Notice of Vacancy
Evaluation & Policy Research Group
In response to considerable new work beginning spring 2006, Learning Point Associates seeks candidates for the position of Research Associate within the Evaluation & Policy Research Group. The Research Associate will develop and carry out program evaluations in schools and districts as well as internal evaluations for the quality assurance of products and services. This position includes opportunities to travel.
Reference 06-EPRG015 in response to this posting.
To be considered, include a cover letter, resume, writing sample (3–5 pages), and salary requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, negotiate, and conduct evaluations of education programs and improvement initiatives.
- Develop, implement, and report on evaluations of products, services.
- Work with the Evaluation & Policy Research Group on development.
- Lead project teams and work as a team member to fulfill project duties and responsibilities.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master's degree (doctorate preferred) in education research, evaluation, public policy, or other quantitative social science research-related disciplines.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in designing, budgeting, managing, and conducting evaluations, preferably of education programs, improvement initiatives, services, and products.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in quantitative and qualitative instrument development, data collection, and analysis.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in all aspects of proposal writing.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to produce concise, high-level summaries and briefings.
- Ability to work independently, as a leader and manager, and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work with and manage a variety of educational stakeholders and audiences.
- Available to travel locally and nationally.
- Experience as an internal evaluator an asset.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.