Notice of Vacancy
Senior Research Associate
Evaluation & Policy Research Group
In response to considerable new work beginning spring 2006, Learning Point Associates seeks candidates for the position of Senior Research Associate within the Evaluation & Policy Research Group. This exempt position's primary office location can be in either the Chicago or Naperville, Illinois office of Learning Point Associates and includes opportunities for some travel.
The Senior Research Associate will develop and execute program evaluations and conduct educational research. This position also will assist in the development of new projects through proposals and grant writing.
Reference 06-EPRG014 in response to this posting.
To be considered, include a cover letter, resume, writing sample (3–5 pages), and salary requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing, negotiating, developing, and conducting evaluations of education programs and improvement initiatives
- Developing and leading data collection and analysis
- Analyzing data collected and reporting findings
- Leading project teams and working as a team member to fulfill project duties and responsibilities
- Contributing to the growth in funding, client base, and working for the Evaluation & Policy Research Group
- Other duties, as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ph.D. in education research, evaluation, public policy, or other social science research-related discipline
- Extensive expertise in research design and qualitative analysis
- Substantial experience in conducting large-scale evaluations, preferably of education programs and improvement initiatives
- Ability to lead and manage teams; strong project management and staff supervision skills
- Demonstrated success in grant and proposal writing
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work with a variety of educational stakeholders and audiences
- Available to travel locally and nationally
- Skills using appropriate quantitative and qualitative analytic software programs
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.