Notice of Vacancy
Evaluation & Policy Research Group
In response to considerable new work beginning spring 2006, Learning Point Associates seeks candidates for the position of Research Specialist within the Evaluation & Policy Research Group. This exempt position's primary office location is in the Chicago office of Learning Point Associates and includes opportunities for some travel.
The Research Specialist will support the development and execution of program evaluations and will conduct educational research. This position also will assist in the development of new projects through proposals and grant writing.
Reference 06-EPRG013 in response to this posting.
To be considered, include a cover letter, resume, writing sample (3–5 pages), and salary requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting in the design and development of evaluations of education programs and improvement initiatives
- Creating and piloting quantitative and qualitative data collection instruments
- Coordinating and conducting field-based data collection activities using a variety of methodologies, such as interviews, surveys, and observations
- Analyzing data collected (quantitative and/or qualitative) and contribute to the reporting and interpretation of findings
- Organizing and maintaining data collected
- Assisting in writing grant proposals
- Other duties, as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (master's preferred) in evaluation, public policy, or other quantitative social science research-related disciplines
- One to three years of related experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of research principles and research design in K–12 education programs
- Skill and experience in collecting data from the field using a variety of methodologies and data collection techniques, such as structured interviews, observations, and survey research
- Demonstrated familiarity with the organization of data, including database structure, record layouts, and file structure
- Ability to analyze data using descriptive and inferential statistics
- Knowledge of SPSS, Excel, and/or Access software
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work with a variety of constituencies
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Available to travel locally and nationally
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.