Notice of Vacancy
The Center for Comprehensive School Reform and Improvement
The Washington, D.C. office of Learning Point Associates, which houses The Center for Comprehensive School Reform and Improvement, is looking for a team member to help with the growing workload. The Program Associate will participate in the development and delivery of school-improvement solutions through professional development, technical assistance, and program evaluation in the Washington, D.C. office. This position includes opportunities to travel.
Reference 06-CCSRI002 in response to this posting.
To be considered, include a cover letter, resume, writing sample (3–5 pages), and salary requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Associate will be responsible for the following:
- Working as part of teams to design and deliver either readymade or customized services for clients interested in all levels of educational improvement
- Contributing to the growth in funding, client base, and work for the Washington, D.C., office of Learning Point Associates
- Managing parts of projects and associated budgets
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (master's degree preferred)
- At least five years of experience working in schools (classroom teaching, English language learner, special education, and/or multicultural training or experience preferred)
- Experience with school reform and improvement
- Background in K–12 English language arts or mathematics
- Experience in high-poverty school environments
- Expertise in the design and implementation of professional development or technical assistance
- Ability to work well both independently and on teams
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work with a variety of educational stakeholders and audiences
- Thorough knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and the Internet
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.