Notice of Vacancy
The Graphic Designer has its primary organization appointment in the Creative Services unit. This exempt position's primary location is in the Naperville, Illinois, office of Learning Point Associates.
Reference 06-SS004 in response to this posting.
To be considered, candidates must have at least five years of experience and must include a cover letter, resume, portfolio samples, and salary requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing and revising all marketing collateral and publications to promote education-focused products, programs, and services to appropriate target markets—work will include brochures, magazines, newsletters, reports, manuals, advertisements, and conference materials
- Using design software to produce clean, well-organized files required for efficient printing in QuarkXPress; Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat; FlightCheck; and Microsoft Word
- Working closely with the organization's subject-matter experts, editorial staff, other graphic designers, printers, and related vendors as needed to ensure on-time, cost-efficient production
- Developing and maintaining systems for organizing electronic files, physical media, and other materials and information critical to graphic production
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design
- Qualified candidates must have at least five years of work experience as a graphic designer
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of publication design principles, including page layout, typography, effective use of color, and printing processes required
- Detail-oriented with strong communications skills
- Must be able to juggle multiple projects, taking them from concept to print delivery
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of all graphics software necessary, including QuarkXPress; Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat; Flight Check; and Microsoft Word
- Hands-on experience working with print vendors
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.