Notice of Vacancy
Internal Technology Services
The Network Administrator has its primary organization appointment in Internal Technology Services. This exempt position's primary location is in the Naperville, Illinois, office of Learning Point Associates.
Reference 06-SS005 in response to this posting.
To be considered, candidates must submit a resume and cover letter.
Learning Point Associates has an internal local area network (LAN), external colocated Web servers and several branch offices connected through a virtual private network. The network and Web servers primarily run Windows OS; however, there is a small amount of Linux administration required. The organization supports approximately 150 user machines, a small percentage of which run MAC OS.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks and to coordinate computer network access and use
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations
- Recommending changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determining hardware or software requirements related to such changes
- Performing data backups and disaster recovery operations
- Monitoring network and Web server performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made and where changes will need to be made in the future
- Designing, configuring, and testing computer hardware, networking software, and operating system software
- Gathering data pertaining to customer needs, and using the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements
- Planning, coordinating, and implementing network and Web server security measures to protect data, software, and hardware
- Performing routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records
- Diagnosing hardware and software problems, and replacing defective components
- Researching new technology, and implementing it or recommending its implementation
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, or equivalent experience (MCSA or MCSE preferred)
- Five years of industry experience, with a minimum of three years of experience in network administration and maintenance: Network monitoring of on-site and colocation servers as well as hardware and software maintenance, backup, and recovery
- Hardware installation and maintenance: desktops, laptops, switches, servers, firewall, UPS
- Software installation and maintenance: Exchange, SQL Server, Windows Server 2003, Active Directory, Office Suite, Microsoft SUS, Veritas, Symantec Corporate Edition
- Knowledge of Abra, Verity/Ultraseek, Blackboard, SharePoint, PowerChute, Linux, Load Balancer, Mailman highly desired
- Good communications skills in the English language; ability to work with a diverse group with all levels of experience
- Must be eligible to work in the United States. No visa sponsorships accepted.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.