Notice of Vacancy
Associate Grant Writer
The Associate Grant Writer position has its primary organization appointment in the Development Office with primary supervision by manager of grant writing and proposal development. This exempt position's primary office location is in the Naperville, Illinois, of Learning Point Associates.
Reference 06-PSG020 in response to this posting.
To be considered, include a cover letter, resume, three writing samples (3–5 pages each), and salary requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The grant writer will participate in the development and delivery of grant submissions with a special focus on writing, compiling, and submitting grants and proposals. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Working with content-area staff to prepare proposals for a variety of funding sources
- Creating boilerplate for proposal submissions
- Adapting existing boilerplate to unique specifications of funding sources
- Creating or adapting staff biographical sketches
- Creating letters and supporting documents for proposals
- Assembling proposals for submission
- Assembling documentation for other sources of funding
- Assisting in identifying funding opportunities
- Other duties, as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in English or related field
- Two to three years of writing experience, including grants, proposals, and educational materials
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong creative writing skills
- Strong editing skills, with ability to work quickly under tight deadlines
- Strong research skills to collect background information and other required data for proposal development
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make decisions based on available information
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong client service orientation
- Education background a plus
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.