Notice of Vacancy
Literacy Program Specialist
Professional Services Group
The Literacy Program Specialist position has its primary organization appointment in the Center for Literacy with primary supervision by the director of the department. This exempt position's primary location is in the Naperville, Illinois, office of Learning Point Associates.
Reference 06-PSG021 in response to this posting.
To be considered, submit a letter; resume; salary history; three current references; and a three- to five-page writing sample—preferably a review or synthesis of professional research, such as a literature review, including citations and references.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Literacy Program Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Contributing to both short- and long-term projects
- Assisting in the development of workshops and tools
- Synthesizing research and writing content for literacy-based websites
- Contributing to the design and convening of state and regional meetings
- Maintaining client database, as appropriate
- Other duties, as assigned
- Up to 30 percent travel required
Required Skills and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in education or similar field is required; master's degree preferred
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- Experience coordinating reports
- Experience working with clients
- Project management experience is a plus
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Experience in researching and synthesizing information
- Experience in word processing, PowerPoint or other presentation software, and other computer skills
- Strong and flexible organizational skills
- Experience working for multiple team members and prioritizing projects
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.