Notice of Vacancy
The Receptionist position has its primary organization appointment in the Shared Services with primary supervision by Susan Hopkins. This position's primary location is in the Naperville, Illinois, office of Learning Point Associates.
Reference 06-SS02 in response to this posting.
To be considered, include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Receptionist/Secretary functions as the initial contact for Learning Point Associates, serves as the central coordinating point for all incoming telephone calls, and is responsible for greeting office visitors and maintaining the reception area. The Receptionist/Secretary provides general office and administrative assistance as appropriate to Learning Point Associates staff members.
- Directing incoming calls in a professional manner, developing a line of questioning to properly direct or answer an inquiry, taking messages and/or transferring calls to the voicemail system
- Greeting, assisting, and directing visitors, guests, and meeting attendees; responsible for the overall appearance and security of the receptionist area
- Scheduling and maintaining conference room calendar
- Providing general administrative support to the Human Resources staff, including the preparation of mailings, creation and editing of documents, data entry, and any other support duties that can be performed from the front desk.
- Maintaining confidential information
- May assist other staff with similar tasks, as needed
Required Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma, or GED
- 2 or more years of receptionist and/or secretarial experience
- Demonstrated record of punctuality, dependability, and job attendance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and a willingness to assist with a variety of administrative tasks; accuracy, thoroughness, and timelines essential
- Demonstrated professional demeanor and excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in MS Office Suites (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel); knowledge of Access a plus
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.