Notice of Vacancy
Evaluation & Policy Research Group
The Research Associate has its primary organization appointment in the Evaluation & Policy Research Group. This exempt position’s primary location is in the Washington, D.C., office of Learning Point Associates and will be devoted to the National Comprehensive Center for Teacher Quality (NCCTQ).
Reference 05-EPRG010 in response to this posting.
To be considered, candidates must include a cover letter, resume, two 3–5 page writing samples, and salary requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting in the design and development of policy studies or evaluations of education programs and improvement initiatives
- Writing research reports, policy briefs, and other communication materials
- Coordinating and conducting data collection activities using a variety of methodologies, such as interviews, surveys, focus groups, and observations
- Creating, managing, and analyzing large and complex data files
- Building, linking, and maintaining databases and tables
- Designing, conducting, and interpreting analyses of computerized information
- Providing advice and guidance to other staff in reporting, interpreting, and documenting results of computerized data analysis
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in education research, public policy, evaluation, statistics, or other related discipline required (Ph.D. preferred)
- Expertise in education policy with an emphasis on teacher quality
- Strong writing skills with the ability to accurately and clearly communicate complex concepts to research, policy, and practitioner audiences
- Ability to build relationships with various types of stakeholders, including state and federal policymakers, state education leaders, and other education reformers
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic research principles and research design
- A minimum of 2–4 years of experience working with state or national databases using SPSS, SAS, or Microsoft Access
- Experience conducting quantitative analyses of large data sets
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment with a variety of constituencies
- Ability to prioritize multiple objectives to meet project deadlines
- Availability to travel, both locally and nationally
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.