Notice of Vacancy
Evaluation & Policy Research Group
The Research Specialist has its primary organization appointment in the Evaluation & Policy Research Group. This exempt position's primary location is in the Washington, D.C., office of Learning Point Associates and will be devoted to the National Comprehensive Center for Teacher Quality (NCCTQ).
Reference 05-EPRG007 in response to this posting.
To be considered, candidates must include a cover letter, resume, two writing samples (3–5 pages), and salary requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting in the design and development of policy studies or evaluations of education programs and improvement initiatives
- Coordinating and conducting data collection activities using a variety of methodologies, such as interviews, surveys, focus groups, and observations
- Analyzing data collected and contributing to the interpretation and reporting of findings
- Contributing to the content and quality of policy documents and reports
- Designing and coordinating meetings for various projects
- Assisting with literature reviews and other research-related activities in education policy and teacher quality
- Developing communication materials for various educational stakeholders, including state education departments, school districts, schools, and teachers
- Establishing and/or maintaining relevant website content and databases
- Assisting, on occasion, in writing grant proposals
- Other duties, as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required (master’s degree in a social science with a research focus preferred)
- Minimum of one year of experience in the field of education research, evaluation, and/or policy (knowledge of teacher quality policy preferred but not required)
- Demonstrated knowledge of research principles and research design
- Skill and experience in collecting data from the field using one or more of the following techniques: interviews, surveys, focus groups, and observations
- Ability to analyze policy and understand the long-term implications
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills
- Ability to build strong client relationships
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.