Knowing what works. How will you decide whether your programs and policies are working, when they are working, and why? Evaluation. Whether you have long-term initiatives or short-term projects, evaluation can help you determine if you are on the right track. The Evaluation & Policy Research Group professionals at Learning Point Associates have the highest qualifications. We understand research and evaluation methodology and will work with you to determine if what you do leads to the results you want.
We provide either independent, stand-alone services or coordinated services that support strategy development and organizational objectives over time and according to your specific needs. These services include the following:
- Evaluation for Planning: Focus program planning through systematic assessment strategies.
- Implementation Evaluation: Link program processes and outcomes through formative evaluation studies (which monitor progress of a program from design, development, and deployment).
- Impact Evaluation: Assess and evaluate the individual, team, or organizational impact of a given program.
- Policy Research: Assess and identify education issues and priorities, creating synthesis and dissemination of information.
What Are Our Areas of Expertise?
- District- and state-level reform initiatives
- Educational technology
- Data-driven decision making and educational decision support systems
- Literacy, mathematics, and science content areas
- Teacher quality and professional development
What Tools and Techniques Do We Use?
- Focus groups and structured interviews
- Surveys, tests, and other assessment instruments
- Observational techniques
- Qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Reporting, interpretation, and consultation
How Will You Benefit?
- Obtain accurate, context-sensitive descriptions of program resources, activities, and outcomes.
- Understand reliable and valid information about the long-term results of program activities.
- Answer key questions about your program.
- Use information to facilitate timely decisions.
- Improve the rigor of program content, structure, and process.
- Ensure quality and demonstrate accountability.
- Increase cost-effectiveness by prioritizing resources.
- Plan for the future.
Who Are Our Clients?
Learning Point Associates works collaboratively with school districts and school boards, state education agencies, educational not-for-profits, educational for-profits, and universities.
Our clients include the following:
- Michigan Department of Education Comprehensive School Reform
- New York City Early Childhood Education Reading Programs
- Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
- Illinois State Board of Education
- Iowa Department of Education
- Los Angeles Annenberg Metropolitan Project
- Chicago Public Schools
- Polk Brothers Foundation
- Teacher Education Programs
- Illinois State University
- National-Louis University
Find out how Learning Point Associates' Evaluation & Policy Research
Group can make the difference to you and your programs. For more information,