Notice of Vacancy
Electronic Production Services
Learning Point Associates, an education nonprofit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL®) in 1984, seeks candidates for the position of Web/Database Programmer. The person selected for this position will hold a primary appointment in Electronic Production Services.
Learning Point Associates offers 20 years of success in evaluation, policy research, and professional development services as well as consulting to schools, districts, and states. Through research and development, the organization delivers high-quality products and services to the K–12 education market nationwide with increased growth internationally.
The mission of Learning Point Associates is to provide research-based information, resources, tools, and services to all educators to support all students. Learning Point Associates has a diverse funding base that includes federal contracts and grants, public and private contracts and grants, and the sale of products and professional services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This Web/Database Programmer will:
- Contribute to Web application development and maintenance through collaboration with other members of design team, both internal staff and external practitioners.
- Produce and edit HTML code as required for proper formatting, navigation, and functionality.
- Work on scheduling, estimating, documentation, use cases, and other technical specifications.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Two to three years of actual work experience programming ASP and SQL Server; one year of .NET, with an emphasis on C#.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and develop expertise in programming tools and scripting languages.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to work on several projects at the same time with good follow-up skills.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Candidates who have project management experience will be given greater consideration.
- Four-year degree preferred.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The person selected for this position will have his or her primary organizational appointment in Electronic Production Services. The person will report to the Senior Technical Associate.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Web/Database Programmer is an exempt position within Learning Point Associates. Salary is competitive and commensurate with training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary history to:
Donna Vesely Office of Human Resources
Job Code: Web/DB
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam-era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.