Notice of Vacancy
Evaluation and Technology
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCRELŽ) in 1984, seeks candidates for the combined position of Program Specialist in the Center for Technology and in the Evaluation + Policy Research Group. Learning Point Associates has a diverse funding base that includes federal contracts and grants, both public and private contracts and grants, and the sale of products and professional services targeting the K12 education market.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Specialist will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the design and development of evaluations of education technology programs and improvement initiatives, and of other education programs and improvement initiatives.
- Assisting in the writing of evaluation contracts and grant proposals.
- Creating and piloting quantitative and qualitative data collection instruments.
- Coordinating and conducting field-based data collection activities using a variety of methodologies such as interviews, surveys, and observations.
- Analyzing data collected (qualitative and/or quantitative) and contributing to the reporting and interpretation of findings.
- Organizing and maintaining data collected.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, master's preferred, in evaluation, psychology, or other social science research-related discipline.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of research principles and research design preferably in the area of K-12 education technology programs and improvement initiatives.
- Skill and experience in collecting data from the field using a variety of methodologies and data collection techniques such as structured interviews, observations, and survey research.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the organization of data, including database structure, record layouts, and file structure.
- Ability to analyze data using descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Knowledge of SPSS, Microsoft® Excel, and/or Microsoft Access software.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work with a variety of constituencies.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Available to travel locally and nationally.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The position of Program Specialist has a split appointment in the Evaluation + Policy Research Group and the Center for Technology. The position's supervisor in the Evaluation + Policy Research Group and the Director of the Center for Technology will conduct performance reviews.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Program Specialist is an exempt position within Learning Point Associates. Salary is competitive and commensurate with training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive package including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Donna Vesely Department of Human Resources
Job Code: PS_TechEval
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.