Notice of Vacancy
Center for Technology and
Center for Educational Decision Support Systems
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL®) in 1984, seeks candidates for the position of Administrative Secretary. This position is responsible for administrative support to the Center for Technology and the Center for Educational Decision Support Systems (EDSS) within the Research & Development Group.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Administrative Secretary will be responsible for:
- Providing support for program staff in the development of reports, proposals, and presentations.
- Assisting with database management and entry.
- Preparing and/or assisting in the preparation of purchase requisitions, contracts, and travel arrangements.
- Assist with coordinating logistics for internal and external meetings.
- Corresponding and communicating both orally and in written form with on-site and off-site program staff and with clients.
- Setting up files and mass mailings to constituents and providing follow-up.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of one year administrative support experience, including general office, filing, and other tasks.
- Experience in coordinating travel and meetings.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and the Web.
- Familiarity with transcription and with database software is essential.
- Willingness to learn new software with training and mentoring as appropriate.
- Self-starter with excellent organization skills; deadline and detail oriented.
- Ability to work as member of a team as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle confidential matters.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The position of Administrative Secretary has its primary organization appointment in the Research & Development Group reporting to staff from both Technology and EDSS.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Administrative Secretary is a non-exempt position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary history to:
Office of Human Resources – Christine Keifer
Job Code: AS/EDSS_Tech
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam-era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.