Notice of Vacancy
Evaluation & Policy Research Group
Learning Point Associates, an education nonprofit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL®) in 1984, seeks applicants for the position of Statistician in the Evaluation & Policy Research Group. The Statistician will provide analytic support to evaluations of education programs and improvement initiatives.
Learning Point Associates offers 20 years of success in evaluation, policy research, and professional development services as well as consulting to schools, districts, and states. Through research and development, the organization delivers high-quality products and services to the K–12 education market nationwide with increased growth internationally.
The mission of Learning Point Associates is to provide research-based information, resources, tools, and services to all educators to support all students. Learning Point Associates has a diverse funding base that includes federal contracts and grants, public and private contracts and grants, and the sale of products and professional services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Statistician will:
- Design and conduct complex analyses of computerized information.
- Create and manage large and complex data files.
- Query and link databases and tables.
- Develop requirements and specifications for Web-based data-collection systems.
- Maintain linked databases with proper documentation.
- Provide advice and guidance to other staff in reporting, interpreting, and documenting results of computerized data analysis.
- Contribute to the growth in funding, client base, and work for the Evaluation & Policy Research Group.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in education research, evaluation, statistics, or other related disciplines
- K–12 education background preferred, but not essential
- A minimum of three years experience analyzing data housed in large databases (e.g., nationwide or statewide databases) using SPSS, SAS, Microsoft Access, or similar analytic software applications
- Ability to select and apply appropriate statistical techniques to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to detect and resolve errors and problems in data-management procedures
- Proven knowledge and expertise in the management and manipulation of large data sets
- Expertise in quantitative analysis and research design
- Demonstrated ability to provide oral and written reports for professional and nonprofessional audiences
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with a variety of educational stakeholders and audiences
- Ability to work independently, as a leader and manager, and as a member of a team
- Availability to travel locally and nationally
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The position of Statistician has its primary organizational appointment in the Evaluation & Policy Research Group. The position's primary supervisor will conduct the performance review.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Statistician is an exempt position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Office of Human Resources
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam-era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.