Notice of Vacancy
Senior Technical Associate, Marketing
NCREL Office of Communications
The North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL) seeks applicants for the position of Senior Technical Associate, Marketing. The person selected will report to the Director of Communications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Associate will be responsible for providing support to Learning Point Associates and to its program units and divisions:
- Will work with the Director of Communications to develop and implement a marketing and branding strategy for the organization as a whole and for products, services, and program units within the organization.
- Design and implement mechanisms for market and competitive analysis, budgeting, and cost projections (target profit planning) for products and services.
- Serve as product manager with oversight of CRM, product catalog, product pricing, fulfillment, and dissemination.
- Develop reporting mechanisms to ensure LPA leadership and the Board are informed of ROI for marketing efforts (timing of strategies, media production costs, etc.).
- Develop and implement a mechanism for capturing and documenting client satisfaction and buying trends for LPA products and services.
- Collaborate with program staff during product/service inception to inform development and ensure inclusion of marketing strategies.
- Design and implement effective internal communication mechanism between R&D staff and Professional Services' staff to ensure a connection between identified market need and product/service development.
- Develop and deliver internal marketing and sales training.
Required Skills and Experience:
- MBA degree or advanced degree in marketing required.
- Minimum of two years experience in product marketing, direct marketing, marketing program management, or consulting, preferably in an education-related field and/or nonprofit environment.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated capacity for developing and understanding strategy.
- Strong aptitude for determining the optimal way to position products in the market.
- Understanding of the education products and services market.
- Understanding of NCREL/Learning Point Associates strategic and competitive position.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The position of Senior Techical Associate, Marketing, has its primary organizational appointment in the Office of Communications. The person will report to the Director of Communications.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Senior Technical Associate, Marketing, is an exempt position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with training and experience expected at this level of employment. NCREL offers a comprehensive benefits package including health and retirement benefits. NCREL is an employment-at-will employer.
Qualified applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary history to:.
Department of Human Resources
Attn: Donna Vesely
Job Code: STA_Com
North Central Regional Educational Laboratory
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, Il 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
NCREL is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam era veterans. NCREL utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.