Notice of Vacancy
After-School Programming, Senior Program Associate
Professional Services Group
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL) in 1984, seeks talented, energetic candidates for a Senior Program Associate position in the After-School Programming unit of the Professional Services Group. Learning Point Associates has a diverse funding base that includes federal contracts and grants, both public and private contracts and grants, and the sale of products and professional services targeting the K–12 education market.
The Senior Program Associate will assist with the development and delivery of after-school program training and technical assistance for schools and community-based organizations. This position will also play a key role in the development and delivery of products to assist after-school programs nationally. This position requires travel locally and nationally.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Program Associates will be responsible for:
- Working as part of teams to design and deliver either ready-made or customized services for clients interested in all levels of educational improvement, particularly in after-school programming.
- Contributing to the growth in funding, client base, and work for the Professional Services Group.
- Delivering and supervising training and technical assistance to clients.
- Managing parts of projects and associated budgets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master's degree, doctorate preferred.
- Experience working in schools, preferably experience with after-school programming, community schools, or other school improvement efforts.
- Expertise in the design and implementation of professional development or technical assistance.
- Ability to lead and manage teams; strong project management and staff supervision skills.
- Demonstrated success in grant and proposal writing.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of educational stakeholders and audiences.
- Thorough knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and the Internet is required.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The position of Senior Program Associate has its primary organization appointment in the After-School Programming unit of the Professional Services Group. The position's primary supervisor will be the manager of the After-School Programming unit.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Senior Program Associate is an exempt position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with the training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive benefit package including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Donna Vesely Department of Human Resources
Job Code: SPA-PSG
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.