Notice of Vacancy
Research Specialist, K12 Literacy and Education Technology
Evaluation + Policy Research Group
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCRELŽ) in 1984, seeks candidates for the Research Specialist position with a specialization in an area of K12 literacy or K12 education technology in the Evaluation + Policy Research Group.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Research Specialist will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the design and development of evaluations of literacy (particularly reading), programs and improvement initiatives, and of other education programs and improvement initiatives.
- Assisting in the writing of evaluation contracts and grant proposals.
- Creating and piloting quantitative and qualitative data collection instruments.
- Coordinating and conducting field-based data collection activities using a variety of methodologies such as interviews, surveys, and observations.
- Analyzing data collected (qualitative and/or quantitative) and contributing to the reporting and interpretation of findings.
- Organizing and maintaining data collected.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, master's preferred, in evaluation, psychology, or other social science research-related disciplines.
- Knowledge and experience in an area of either K12 literacy or K12 education technology.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of research principles and research design preferably in an area of literacy.
- Skill and experience in collecting data from the field using a variety of methodologies and data collection techniques such as structured interviews, observations, and survey research.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the organization of data, including database structure, record layouts, and file structure.
- Ability to analyze data using descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Knowledge of SPSS, Microsoft® EXCEL, and/or Access software.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work with a variety of constituencies.
- Ability to work independently, and as a member of a team.
- Available to travel locally and nationally.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The position of Research Specialist has a primary organization appointment in the Evaluation + Policy Research Group. The position's supervisor in the Evaluation + Policy Research Group will conduct the performance review.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Research Specialist is an exempt position within Learning Point Associates. Salary is competitive and commensurate with the training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive package including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Donna Vesely Department of Human Resources
Job Code: RS_K12_Lit
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.