Learning Point Associates Employment Opportunities
Notice of Vacancy
Research Specialist, Internal Evaluation
Evaluation & Policy Research Group
Learning Point Associates, an education nonprofit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL®) in 1984, seeks candidates for the position of Research Specialist in the Evaluation & Policy Research Group. The Research Specialist will support the development and execution of internal evaluations and the quality assurance of educational products and services, customer satisfaction, and organizational processes. The Research Specialist also will assist in the further development of internal evaluations through proposals and grant writing.
Learning Point Associates has 20 years of success in evaluation, policy research, and professional development services as well as consulting to schools, districts, and states. Through research and development, the organization delivers high-quality products and services to the K–12 education market nationwide with increased growth internationally.
The mission of Learning Point Associates is to provide research-based information, resources, tools, and services to all educators to support all students. Learning Point Associates has a diverse funding base that includes federal contracts and grants, public and private contracts and grants, and the sale of products and professional services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Research Specialist will:
- Assist in the design and implementation of quality assurance processes, including pilot and field testing for internal projects, products, and services.
- Assist in evaluations of customer satisfaction.
- Assist in evaluations of internal organizational processes.
- Create and pilot quantitative and qualitative data collection instruments.
- Coordinate and conduct organizational and field-based data collection activities using a variety of methodologies, such as interviews, surveys, and observations.
- Analyze data collected (qualitative and/or quantitative) and contribute to the reporting and interpretation of findings.
- Organize and maintain data collected.
- Assist in writing grant proposals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, master's degree preferred, in evaluation, psychology, or other social science research-related disciplines.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of research principles and research design in K–12 education programs.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in collecting data using a variety of methodologies, such as structured interviews, observations, and survey research.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the organization of data, including database structure, record layouts, and file structure.
- Ability to analyze data using descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Knowledge of SPSS, Excel, and/or Access software.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work with a variety of constituencies.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Available to travel locally and nationally.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The position of Research Specialist has a primary organizational appointment in the Evaluation & Policy Research Group. The position's supervisor in the Evaluation & Policy Research Group will conduct the annual performance review.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Research Specialist is an exempt position within Learning Point Associates. Salary is competitive and commensurate with training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, two writing samples, and salary requirements to:
Office of Human Resources
Job Code: RS INT EVAL
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam-era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.