Notice of Vacancy
Research Associate – External Evaluation
Evaluation & Policy Research Group
Learning Point Associates, an education nonprofit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL®) in 1984, seeks applicants for the position of Research Associate in the Evaluation & Policy Research Group. The Research Associate will develop and execute program evaluations and conduct educational research. The Research Associate also will assist in the development of new projects through proposals and grant writing.
Learning Point Associates offers 20 years of success in evaluation, policy research, and professional development services as well as consulting to schools, districts, and states. Through research and development, the organization delivers high-quality products and services to the K–12 education market nationwide with increased growth internationally.
The mission of Learning Point Associates is to provide research-based information, resources, tools, and services to all educators to support all students. Learning Point Associates has a diverse funding base that includes federal contracts and grants, public and private contracts and grants, and the sale of products and professional services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Research Associate will:
- Design, negotiate, develop, and conduct evaluations of education programs and improvement initiatives.
- Create and pilot quantitative data-collection instruments.
- Coordinate and conduct field-based data-collection activities using a variety of methodologies such as interviews, surveys, and observations.
- Analyze the data collected and report findings.
- Lead project teams and work as a team member to fulfill project duties and responsibilities.
- Contribute to the growth in funding, client base, and work for the Evaluation & Policy Research Group.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree (doctorate preferred) in education research, evaluation, sociology, psychometrics, or another quantitative social science research-related discipline
- Three to seven years of related experience
- Experience designing, managing, and conducting evaluations of education programs, improvement initiatives, services, and products
- Expertise in research design and quantitative analysis
- Experience in grant and proposal writing
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work with a variety of educational stakeholders and audiences
- Ability to work independently as a leader and manager and as a member of a team
- Availability to travel locally and nationally
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The position of Research Associate has its primary organizational appointment in the Evaluation & Policy Research Group. The position’s primary supervisor will conduct the performance review.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Research Associate is an exempt position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, two short writing samples, and salary requirements to:
Office of Human Resources
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam-era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.