Notice of Vacancy
Research Associate, Internal Evaluation
Evaluation & Policy Research Group
Learning Point Associates, an education nonprofit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL®) in 1984, seeks candidates for the position of of Research Associate in Internal Evaluation in the Evaluation & Policy Research Group. The Research Associate will develop and carry out internal evaluations on the quality assurance of products and services, customer satisfaction, organizational processes, and other methods critical to product, service, and program development, and organizational improvement.
Learning Point Associates has more than 20 years of success in evaluation, policy research, and professional development services as well as consulting to schools, districts, and states. Through research and development, the organization delivers high-quality products and services to the K–12 education market nationwide with increased growth internationally.
The mission of Learning Point Associates is to provide research-based information, resources, tools, and services to all educators to support all students. Learning Point Associates has a diverse funding base that includes federal contracts and grants, public and private contracts and grants, and the sale of products and professional services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Research Associate will:
- Develop, implement, and report on evaluations of products, services, and programs. Activities will include carrying out pilot and field testing, client satisfaction surveys, and other methods critical to product, service, and program development, and organizational improvement.
- Develop and implement organizational-level evaluation activities.
- Work on a limited basis with the Evaluation & Policy Research group on development work.
- Lead project teams and work as a team member to fulfill project duties and responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master's degree, doctorate preferred, in education research, evaluation, psychometrics, or other related disciplines.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in designing, budgeting, managing, and conducting evaluations, preferably of education programs, improvement initiatives, services, and products.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in quantitative and qualitative instrument development, and data collection and analysis.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in all aspects of proposal writing.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to produce concise, high-level summaries and briefings.
- Ability to work with and manage a variety of education stakeholders and audiences.
- Ability to work independently, as a leader and manager, and as a member of a team.
- Experience as an internal evaluator an asset.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The Research Associate will be positioned in the Evaluation & Policy Research Group. The position's primary supervisor will conduct the annual performance review.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Research Associate is an exempt position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with the training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, curriculum vita, two writing samples, and salary requirements to:
Office of Human Resources
Job Code: 05-EPRG001
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam-era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.