Notice of Vacancy
Office of Human Resources
Learning Point Associates, an education nonprofit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL®) in 1984, seeks candidates for the position of Receptionist/Secretary. This person functions as the initial contact for Learning Point Associates and serves as the central coordinating point for all incoming telephone calls. The Receptionist/Secretary is responsible for greeting office visitors and maintaining the reception area. In addition, this position provides general office and administrative assistance as appropriate to Learning Point Associates staff members.
Learning Point Associates has more than 20 years of success in evaluation, policy research, and professional development services as well as consulting to schools, districts, and states. Through research and development, the organization delivers high-quality products and services to the K–12 education market nationwide with increased growth internationally.
The mission of Learning Point Associates is to provide research-based information, resources, tools, and services to all educators to support all students. Learning Point Associates has a diverse funding base that includes federal contracts and grants, public and private contracts and grants, and the sale of products and professional services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct incoming calls in a professional manner, develop a line of questioning to properly direct or answer an inquiry, and take messages and/or transfer calls to the voicemail system.
- Greet, assist, and direct visitors, guests, and meeting attendees. Maintain responsibility for the overall appearance and security of the reception area.
- Schedule and maintain conference room calendar.
- Provide general administrative support to Human Resources staff, including the preparation of mailings, creation or editing of documents, data entry, and any other support duties that can be performed from the Front Desk. Maintain confidential information. May assist other staff with similar tasks as needed.
Required Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2+ years of receptionist and/or secretarial experience.
- Demonstrated record of punctuality, dependability, and job attendance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and a willingness to assist with a variety of administrative tasks. Accuracy, thoroughness, and timeliness are essential skills.
- Demonstrated professional demeanor and excellent customer-service skills.
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel). Knowledge of Access a plus.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The Receptionist/Secretary will be positioned in the Office of Human Resources. The Director of Human Resources will conduct the annual performance review.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Receptionist/Secretary is a non-exempt position within Learning Point Associates. Salary is competitive and commensurate with training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and three current references to:
Office of Human Resources
Job Code: RS_HR
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam-era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.