Notice of Vacancy
Research Associate, Internal Evaluation
Office of Internal Evaluation
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL®) in 1984, seeks candidates for Research Associate within the Office of Internal Evaluation. The Research Associate will work with the Director of Internal Evaluation in the design and implementation of an organizationwide internal evaluation system that includes needs assessment, formative/summative evaluation, client satisfaction, and other methods critical to product, service, and program development as well as organizational improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Research Associate will lead teams and work as a team member to:
- Develop, implement, and report on evaluations of products, services, and programs.
- Develop and implement organizational-level evaluation activities.
- On a limited basis, work with the Evaluation & Policy Research Group on development and project work.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master's degree, doctorate preferred, in education research, evaluation, sociology, psychometrics, or other related disciplines.
- Skill and experience in— designing, budgeting, managing, and conducting evaluations preferably of education programs, improvement initiatives, services, and products.
- Skill and experience in quantitative and qualitative instrument development, data collection, and analysis.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to produce concise, high-level summaries and briefing.
- Ability to work with and manage a variety of educational stakeholders and audiences.
- Ability to work independently, as a leader and manager, and as a member of a team.
- Experience as an internal evaluator an asset.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The position of Research Associate has its primary organization appointment in the Office of Internal Evaluation. Primary supervisors conduct performance reviews.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Research Associate is an exempt position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with the training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive benefit package including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Association is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Donna Vesely Office of Human Resources
Job Code: : RA_Eval_INT
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam-era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.