Notice of Vacancy
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL®) in 1984, seeks candidates for the position of Purchasing Coordinator. This position will support the Office of Publication Services and the Office of Marketing Communications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Publication Services and the Office of Marketing Communications in securing bids, generating purchase orders, reconciling invoices, tracking charges and account codes for work performed by temp staff, coordinating external production and delivery schedules, and generally assisting with logistical issues related to producing and disseminating products.
- Assist with internal organizational processes and systems for archiving files, paperwork, and other collateral related to publications and marketing communications projects.
- Provide backup for FedEx® and mail duties when employees with those responsibilities are out of the office.
- Process travel forms, reimbursements, subscriptions, and other miscellaneous requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least three years administrative/project support experience.
- Intermediate proficiency with office productivity applications including Microsoft® Word and Excel®equivalent to two years regular use within an office environment.
- Proficiency with office equipment including FAX machines, copy machines, printers, and postage machines.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time with excellent follow-up skills.
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The person for this position will have his or her primary organizational appointment in the Publication Services department. The person will report to and have performance reviews conducted by the Publication Services Manager, with input from Marketing Communications.
Salary and Benefits:
The position is an exempt position. The salary is competitive and commensurate with the training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive package including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Donna Vesely Department of Human Resources
Job Code: PurCoor
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.