Notice of Vacancy
Center for Technology
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL®) in 1984, seeks candidates for the position of Program Specialist. The person selected for this position will hold a primary appointment in the Center for Technology, one of the three signature areas at NCREL. Learning Point Associates has a diverse funding base that includes federal contracts and grants, public and private contracts and grants, and the sale of products and services targeting the K–12 education market.
The Program Specialist will support the Center for Technology's research and development efforts relating to effective technology integration, namely in the context of using technology to help close achievement gaps. Other emphases include the effectiveness of educational technology in the following areas: school effectiveness, academic assessment, teacher effectiveness, online learning, professional development, technology planning, curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Specialist will be responsible for:
- Coordinating and scheduling data collection and related work in the field.
- Collecting, entering, and managing data.
- Conducting literature searches, managing the literature in the Center for Technology research database, and assisting with writing literature reviews.
- Assisting with drafting and editing reports (such as newsletters, issue briefs, research syntheses, journal articles, Web content) based on research and development efforts.
- Other tasks, as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master's degree in education, psychology, or other social science research-related disciplines.
- Interest in education research and demonstrated knowledge of research principles, methods, and designs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; familiarity with American Psychological Association (APA) style is preferred.
- Experience conducting database searches for literature.
- Thorough knowledge of database, word processing, spreadsheet, Web browser, and presentation software.
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Availability for occasional regional travel preferred.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The person selected for the position will have his or her primary organizational appointment in the Center for Technology. He or she will principally report to the Director of the Center for Technology. Performance reviews will be conducted within the Center.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Program Specialist is an exempt position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with the training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Donna Vesely Office of Human Resources
Job Code: PS-Tech
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam-era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.