Notice of Vacancy
NCREL seeks candidates for the position of Program Specialist. The person selected for this position will be a member of NCREL's internal evaluation team and participate in evaluations of education programs and improvement initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Specialist will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the design and development of evaluations of education programs and improvement initiatives.
- Assisting in the writing of evaluation contracts and grant proposals.
- Creating and piloting quantitative and qualitative data collection instruments.
- Coordinating and conducting field-based data collection activities using a variety of methodologies such as interviews, surveys, and observations.
- Analyzing data collected (qualitative and/or quantitative) and contributing to the reporting and interpretation of findings.
- Organizing and maintaining data collected.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, Masters preferred, in evaluation, psychology, or other research related disciplines.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of research principles and research design preferably in the area of K-12 education programs and improvement skills.
- Skill and experience in collecting data from the field using a variety of methodologies and data collection techniques such as structured interviews, observations, and survey research.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the organization of data, including database structure, record layouts, and file structure.
- Ability to analyze data using descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Knowledge of SPSS®, EXCEL®, and Access® software,
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work with a variety of constituencies.
- Ability to work independently, and as a member of a team.
- Available to travel locally and nationally.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The position of Program Specialist has a primary organization appointment in the Office of Internal Evaluation. The Director of Internal Evaluation will conduct the performance review.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Program Specialist is an exempt position within NCREL. Salary is competitive and commensurate with training and experience expected at this level of employment. NCREL offers a comprehensive package including health and retirement benefits. NCREL is an employment-at-will employer.
Qualified applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary history to:.
Department of Human Resources
Attn: Donna Vesely
Job Code: PS Eval
North Central Regional Educational Laboratory
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, Il 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
NCREL is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam era veterans. NCREL utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.