Notice of Vacancy
Center for Educational Decision Support Systems (EDSS)
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCRELŽ) in 1984, seeks candidates for the position of Program Specialist in the Center for Educational Decision Support Systems (EDSS). The person selected for this position will be responsible primarily for supporting research activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Specialist will be responsible for:
- Conducting literature searches and reviewing quantitative and qualitative research reports, documenting the appropriateness and adequacy of the design, methods, and interpretations.
- Assisting in the creation and piloting of data collection instruments and in field-based data collection activities, using a variety of methodologies such as interviews, surveys, and observations.
- Organizing and maintaining data collected.
- Assisting in the analysis of data collected (qualitative and/or quantitative) and contributing to the reporting and interpretation of findings.
- Developing a working knowledge of achievement gaps and teacher quality issues, as well as how data is appropriately used in the school improvement process.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, master's preferred in education, psychology, or other social science research-related disciplines.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of research principles and research design.
- Skill and experience in collecting data using a variety of methodologies and data collection techniques.
- Knowledge of SPSS, Microsoft® Word and Excel.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral. Familiarity with American Psychological Association (APA) style is preferred.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment both with staff internally and other individuals externally, prioritizing multiple objectives to meet project deadlines.
- Availability to travel, both locally and nationally.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The person selected for the position will have his or her primary organizational appointment in the Center for Educational Decision Support Systems. He or she will principally report to a Program Associate in this Center. Performance reviews will be conducted within the Center.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Program Specialist is an exempt position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with the training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive benefits package including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Donna Vesely Department of Human Resources
Job Code: PS_EDSS
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.