Notice of Vacancy
Program Specialist, Data Use
Center for Educational Decision Support Systems, NCREL
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL®) in 1984, seeks candidates for the position of Program Specialist in the Center for Educational Decision Support Systems (EDSS). The person selected for this position will be primarily responsible for supporting research and development activities focused on data-driven decision making in classrooms, schools, and districts.
Learning Point Associates has a diverse funding base that includes federal contracts and grants, public and private contracts and grants, and the sale of products and professional services targeting the K–12 education market.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Specialist will:
- Assist in creating and piloting data collection processes and instruments and field-based data collection, using a variety of methodologies such as interviews, surveys, and observations.
- Contribute to research and development projects on data-driven decision making and data use at the state, district, and school levels.
- Participate in the development of new concepts and ideas for educational and research projects focused on data use in the classroom.
- Organize and participate in conversations with key stakeholders around education issues and need sensing.
- Organize and maintain data collections and project documentation.
- Conduct other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in education, psychology, or other social science research-related disciplines.
- Experience interacting and communicating with educators.
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Familiarity with statistical analysis software is desirable; some experience in Web design and Web applications is helpful.
- Some experience in development and/or design is desirable.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment both with staff internally and other individuals externally
- Ability to prioritize multiple objectives to meet project deadlines.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills in presenting information to a variety of educational stakeholders and audiences are preferred.
- Availability to travel both locally and nationally.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The person selected for the position will have his or her primary organizational appointment in the Educational Decision Support Services group. He or she will principally report to that group's Program Lead and secondarily to the Executive Director of the North Central Regional Education Laboratory. Performance reviews will be conducted within the Center for Educational Decision Support Services.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Program Specialist is an exempt position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with the training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive benefit package, including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Donna Vesely Office of Human Resources
Job Code: PS-Data_EDSS
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam-era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.