Notice of Vacancy
Center for Technology
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCRELŽ) in 1984, seeks candidates for the position of Program Specialist in the Center for Technology. The person selected for this position will be responsible primarily for supporting development of instructional materials and resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Specialist will be responsible for:
- Researching content for instructional materials and resources by working with content developers, running software applications, referencing other documents, and searching the Internet and online databases.
- Creating illustrations such as screenshots, charts, or other simple graphics.
- Writing, editing, and proofreading instructional materials and resources.
- Incorporating changes and feedback from document reviewers and monitoring document quality based on Learning Point Associates frameworks and specifications.
- Collaborating with the organization's electronic and print production departments to define content models and processes that support product development and meet project deadlines.
- Tracking changes for instructional materials and resources needing revision upon reprint.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in technical writing, English, communication, journalism, or a related field is required. At least two years of relevant full-time work experience is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of grammar, punctuation, readability, and usability is required. Familiarity with American Psychological Association (APA) style is preferred.
- Prior experiences writing user guides, product documentation, or related materials are required. Previous publishing experience is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and the Internet is required, and familiarity with databases, digital imaging and media, multimedia authoring, and web publishing is preferred.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment and prioritize multiple objectives to meet project deadlines is required.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The person selected for the position will have his or her primary organizational appointment in the Center for Technology. He or she will principally report to the Director of Technology, Center for Technology. Performance reviews will be conducted within the Center.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Program Specialist is an exempt position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive benefits package including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Donna Vesely Department of Human Resources
Job Code: PS_CPS
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.