Notice of Vacancy
Manager of Publication Services
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL®) in 1984, seeks candidates for the position of Manager of Publication Services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assume overall responsibility for the Publication Services department including print production and editorial staff. Responsibilities include budget authority and primary performance reviews of Publication Services staff.
- Work with marketing communications staff and program staff to establish publication families and suites, publication specifications, production systems, quality assurance systems, and all related publication processes. Work to ensure the overall brand identity and equity of the organization across publications.
- Coordinate Publication Services workflows and supervise staff to ensure the production of high-quality, effective publications within the time and financial resources available.
- With the assistance of the Purchasing Coordinator, manage all outsourcing and purchasing arrangements related to Publication Services including print buying, design and production services, mailing services and expenses, and temporary staffing agencies.
- Assist program center staff as well as external partners such as U.S. Department of Education in defining and developing publications as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least five to seven years experience managing a publications unit in an environment that includes graphic design, editing, and print buying functions for a range of publication types and formats.
- At least five to seven years supervising writing, editing, and graphic production staff.
- Knowledge of graphic production and print processes equivalent to two years formal study in graphic arts.
- Demonstrated ability to create, produce, and manage families of publications that effectively fulfill identified needs of defined audiences.
- Excellent communication skills.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The person for this position will have his or her primary organizational appointment in the Office of Production Services. The person will report to and have performance reviews conducted by the Director of Production Services, with input from Marketing Communications.
Salary and Benefits:
The position is an exempt position. The salary is competitive and commensurate with the training and experience expected at this level of employment. This position is eligible to receive the comprehensive benefit package.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Donna Vesely Department of Human Resources
Job Code: Mgr_OPS
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.