Notice of Vacancy
Program Associates (2)
Professional Services Group
Learning Point Associates, an education nonprofit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL®) in 1984, seeks talented, energetic candidates for two Program Associate positions in the Professional Services Group. Learning Point Associates has a diverse funding base that includes federal contracts and grants, both public and private contracts and grants, and the sale of products and professional services targeting the K12 education market.
The Program Associates will participate in the development and delivery of school-improvement solutions in both professional development and technical assistance models, with special focus on issues of equity. These positions include opportunities to travel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Associates will be responsible for:
- Working as part of teams to design and deliver either ready-made or customized services for clients interested in all levels of educational improvement.
- Contributing to the growth in funding, client base, and work for the Professional Services Group.
- Managing parts of projects and associated budgets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master's degree.
- Experience working in schools.
- Expertise in the design and implementation of professional development or technical assistance.
- Ability to work well both independently and on teams.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of educational stakeholders and audiences.
- Thorough knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and the Internet is required.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Online course development or facilitation.
- ESL or Special Education training or experience.
- Multicultural training or experience.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The position of Program Associate has its primary organization appointment in the Professional Services Group. The position's primary supervisor will conduct the performance review.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Program Associate is an exempt position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with the training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive benefit package including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Office of Human Resources
Job Code: 05-PSG004
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam-era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.