Notice of Vacancy
Print Production Manager
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCRELŽ) in 1984, seeks candidates for the position Print Production Manager. Learning Point Associates has a diverse funding base that includes federal contracts and grants, both public and private contracts and grants, and the sale of products and professional services targeting the K12 education market. The person selected for this position will hold a primary appointment assisting the Director of Production Services in the coordination and implementation of the print production processes, including tracking and processing of dozens of projects in various stages of production.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This person will:
- Lead teams of organization staff in developing concepts, designs, and production schedules for new and revised print productions that are effective for the intended audience and purpose, and can be produced efficiently within the time and budget allowed.
- Serve as the main liaison between content writers/developers and Print Production staff throughout all phases of production.
- Coordinate Print Production staff in all phases of the development and production of print publications and packaging materials, including graphic design, vendor relationships, and departmental processes and systems.
- Work with Production and Program staff to refine and apply all applicable quality assurance processes to print development and production.
- Contract external design talent as needed.
- Negotiate with and acquire services from printers and related vendors as needed to ensure timely, economical printing and shipping of new and reprinted publications.
- Proactively assist management and staff in developing and refining institutionwide systems, processes, and methods to ensure that Print Production optimally serves the organization and its clients.
- Conduct performance reviews of Print Production staff.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least three years experience managing a print production unit in an environment that includes graphic design, editing, and print buying functions for a range of publication types and formats.
- Experience in the design and production of training materials such as workbooks and manuals is a plus.
- Knowledge of graphic production and print processes equivalent to two years formal study in Graphic Arts, or two years experience producing mechanical and/or electronic files for print production. Specific knowledge required includes principles of effective layout, composition, typograhpy, color treatments, and print production processes.
- Demonstrated ability to help people clarify the audience, content, and purpose of a publication, conceptualize designs that economically fulfill that intent, and develop production schedules appropriate for the time and budget available.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to interact in a polite, professional manner with lab staff members who possess a wide range of personalities and varying degrees of experience with print development and production.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The person for this position will have his or her primary organizational appointment in the Production Services Department. The person will report to and have performance reviews conducted by the Director of Production Services.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Print Production Manager is an exempt position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive benefit package including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Donna Vesely Department of Human Resources
Job Code: PPM
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.