Notice of Vacancy
Center for Technology
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL) in 1984, seeks candidates for the position of Program Director, Center for Technology. The Center develops and provides research-based strategies and tools for using educational technology to improve student achievement. The person selected for this position will lead the planning and implementation of the Center's scope of work.
The Program Director will be responsible for:
- Leading the Center's research and development agenda and professional development and technical assistance activities.
- Managing and evaluating the performance of Center staff.
- Coordinating and linking Center work with the work of NCREL's other Centers and with Learning Point Associates.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master's degree, doctorate preferred, in an area of educational technology or educational improvement.
- Strong knowledge of education and technology research and technology policy and practices that result in improved learning.
- Demonstrated ability to use educational technology and experience improving student achievement at both the school and district level.
- Extensive experience in designing and providing professional development and technical assistance strategies and tools for schools and districts that result in systemic improvement strategies.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The position of Program Director has its primary organization appointment in the Center for Technology reporting to the Director, NCREL. The Director will conduct the performance review.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Program Director is an exempt position within Learning Point Associates. Salary is competitive and commensurate with training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point offers a comprehensive package including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Donna Vesely Department of Human Resources
Job Code: PD_Tech
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.