Notice of Vacancy
Professional Development Associate, Professional Services Group
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCRELŽ) in 1984, seeks candidates for the position of Professional Development Associate in its Professional Services Group. Learning Point Associates has a diverse funding base that includes federal contracts and grants, both public and private contracts and grants, and the sale of products and professional services targeting the K12 education market. The person selected will report to the Chief Officer of the Professional Services Group.
This position will be responsible for delivering high-quality professional development to external clients in the content areas of data use and technology assessment and integration. Position may require the associate to work from home office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver professional development training.
- Assist in sales and marketing of professional development services.
- Directly contribute to the revenue growth associated with Professional Services Group.
- Contribute to research and development efforts in content areas of data use and technology professional development.
- Coordinate services for professional development licensees.
- Work with internal service centers (e.g., Business Services) to ensure that professional development programs are performed
in a manner that adhere to the Learning Point Associates fiscal requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in education or related discipline.
- Experience delivering professional development training.
- K12 teaching and/or administrative experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Exemplary organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Willing and able to travel extensively (50+ percent).
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Master's degree or higher in education (e.g., Administration, Curriculum and Instruction).
- Two or more years experience delivering professional development to K12 teachers and administrators.
- Five or more years experience as a K12 teacher and/or administrator.
- Knowledge and skills related to K12 technology assessment and data analysis.
- Experience developing professional development experiences for teachers and administrators.
Organizational Location and Reporting Line:
The person selected for the position will have his or her primary organizational appointment in the Professional Services Group. He or she will principally report to the Chief Officer of the Professional Services Group.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Professional Development Associate is an exempt position within Learning Point Associates. Salary is competitive and commensurate with training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point offers a comprehensive benefits package including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Donna Vesely - Department of Human Resources
Job Code: PDA_PSG
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, Il 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.