Notice of Vacancy
Technology Professional Development
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL) in 1984, seeks candidates for the position of Program Associate with emphasis on Technology Professional Development. The person selected for this position will hold a primary appointment in the Center for Technology and will be responsible for the design, development, and delivery of standards-based technology professional development for teachers and students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Associate will be responsible for:
- Designing and conducting needs assessments related to technology integration based on state and national educational technology standards for teachers.
- Conceptualizing new professional development materials based on state and national educational technology standards and Learning Point Associates frameworks and specifications.
- Conducting pilot tests and field tests of new professional development materials and ensuring efficacy of the materials in improving the technology integration knowledge and skills of teachers.
- Designing and developing standards-based technology integration professional development courses and publications for teachers based on needs assessments, pilot tests, and field tests.
- Developing, implementing, and reporting progress on project plans that ensure measurable outcomes are delivered on schedule and with high quality.
- Interacting with clients including teachers and administrators at the school, district, and state levels. Responding to client needs and managing successful client relationships.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master's degree in educational technology, instructional design, or a related discipline, and some experience with educational technology are required. Classroom teaching experience is preferred.
- Prior experiences writing high-quality, standards-based professional development materials are required. Previous publishing experience is preferred.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team are required. Previous project management experience is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and the Internet is required, and familiarity with databases, digital imaging and media, multimedia authoring, and Web publishing is preferred.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The person selected for the position will have his or her primary organizational appointment in the Center for Technology. He or she will principally report to the Director of the Center for Technology. Performance reviews will be conducted within the Center.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Program Associate is an exempt position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with the training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive benefits package including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Donna Vesely Office of Human Resources
Job Code: PA_Tech PD
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam-era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.