Notice of Vacancy
Technology Curriculum, Center for Technology
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCRELŽ) in 1984, seeks candidates for the position of Program Associate, with emphasis on Technology Curriculum. The person selected for this position will hold a primary appointment in the Center for Technology and will be responsible for the design, development, and delivery of standards-based technology curricula for teachers and students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Associate will be responsible for:
- Designing and conducting needs assessments related to effective integration of technology with curriculum and professional development based on state and national educational technology standards for teachers and students.
- Conceptualizing new curricula for teachers and students and preparing instructional materials according to state and national educational technology standards and Learning Point Associates frameworks and specifications.
- Conducting pilot tests and field tests of new instructional materials and ensuring content and technical quality.
- Designing and developing standards-based instructional materials for teachers and students based on needs assessments, pilot tests, and field tests.
- Developing, implementing, and reporting progress on project plans that ensure measurable outcomes are delivered on schedule and with high quality.
- Interacting with clients including teachers and administrators at the school, district, and state levels. Responding to client needs and managing successful client relationships.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in education or a related discipline and five years of experience with educational technology are required. Master's degree in educational technology, curriculum and instruction, or a related field and classroom teaching experience are preferred.
- Prior experiences writing high-quality, standards-based instructional materials are required. Previous publishing experience is preferred.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team are required. Previous project management experience is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and the Internet is required, and familiarity with databases, digital imaging and media, multimedia authoring, and Web publishing is preferred.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The person selected for the position will have his or her primary organizational appointment in the Center for Technology. He or she will principally report to the Director of Technology Research, Center for Technology. Performance reviews will be conducted within the Center.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Program Associate is an exempt position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with the training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive benefits package including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Donna Vesely Department of Human Resources
Job Code: PA-TechCur
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.