Notice of Vacancy
Center for Technology
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL®) in 1984, seeks candidates for the position of Program Associate. The person selected for this position will hold a primary appointment in the Center for Technology, one of the three signature areas at NCREL. Learning Point Associates has a diverse funding base that includes federal contracts and grants, public and private contracts and grants, and the sale of products and services targeting the K–12 education market.
The Program Associate will participate in Center for Technology research focused on understanding the relationship between educational technology and student achievement, with special consideration for schools with predominantly high-minority and/or high-poverty student populations, and the development of resources and strategies that utilize technology in ways to help all students achieve.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Associate will be responsible for:
- Working as part of a team to design, implement, and report on educational technology research initiatives, namely in the area of achievement gaps.
- Identifying and communicating research results to appropriate research, policy, and practice audiences through varied methods of dissemination (newsletters, issue briefs, research syntheses, and journal articles).
- Developing and evaluating research-based strategies and resources for improving the technology integration capacity of teachers and the potential of administrators to effectively lead with technology.
- Interacting with and responding to the needs of clients, including teachers and administrators at the school and district levels.
- Developing, implementing, and reporting on the progress of project plans that ensure on-time, on-budget, and high-quality deliverables.
- Other tasks, as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master's degree in education, instructional technology, curriculum and instruction, or related field; doctorate preferred.
- Expertise in the design and development of research-based strategies and resources that enhance technology integration and leadership in K–12 schools.
- Skill and experience in designing and implementing research initiatives, preferably in an educational technology context; background in mixed-method and case-study research designs preferred.
- Knowledge of current research, theory, and practice in educational technology, including achievement gaps and technology literacy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team are required; previous project management experience preferred.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The person selected for the position will have his or her primary organizational appointment in the Center for Technology. He or she will principally report to the Director of the Center for Technology. Performance reviews will be conducted within the Center.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Program Associate is an exempt position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with the training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Donna Vesely Office of Human Resources
Job Code: PA_Tech_Rsch
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam-era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.