Notice of Vacancy
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL) in 1984, seeks candidates for the position of Program Associate, with emphasis on Practice. The person selected for this position will hold a primary appointment in the Technology Signature area, one of the signature areas in the Laboratory and will be charged with working on technology/curriculum integration practices.
The Program Associate will be responsible for:
- Designing and conducting needs assessments related to effective integration of technology with curriculum, instruction, assessment, and professional development.
- Designing and conducting action research (including pilot tests and field tests of materials and resources) and translating the findings into formats and language that address the technology integration needs of various audiences.
- Designing, revising, and conducting professional development based on needs assessments, pilot tests, and field tests.
- Applying the findings of education technology research and evaluation studies to schools and classrooms.
- Communicating evaluation findings and implications to practitioners, policymakers, and other researchers.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master's degree in technology, curriculum, evaluation, administration, or a related discipline and five years of experience with educational technology, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated skill in building the capacity of teachers and administrators to integrate technology effectively into curriculum, instruction, assessment, and professional development.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and effectively for a variety of audiences.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work with a variety of constituencies including teachers and administrators at the school, district, and state levels.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Thorough knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and the Internet is required, and familiarity with databases, digital imaging and media, multimedia authoring, and web publishing is preferred.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The person selected for the position will have his or her primary organizational appointment in the Center for Technology. He or she will principally report to the Director of Technology, Center for Technology. Performance reviews will be conducted within the Center.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Program Associate is an exempt position within the Laboratory. Salary is competitive and commensurate with training and experience expected at this level of employment. NCREL offers a comprehensive benefits package including health and retirement benefits. NCREL is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary history to:.
Donna Vesely Department of Human Resources
Job Code: PA_TechPrac
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Letters of interest with appropriate attachments listed above will be accepted and reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.