Notice of Vacancy
Office of Production Services
Learning Point Associates, an education not-for-profit organization founded as the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory (NCREL®) in 1984, seeks talented, energetic candidates for the position of Production Artist. Learning Point Associates has a diverse funding base that includes federal contracts and grants, public and private contracts and grants, and the sale of products and professional services targeting the K–12 education market.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Working under the direction of the Publications Manager, the Production Artist will:
- Assist program staff in designing or revising publications, including magazines, newsletters, reports, manuals, advertisements, and conference materials.
Use QuarkXPress; Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat; Microsoft Word; and other software to produce clean, well-organized files required for efficient printing.
Work closely with program staff, editorial staff, graphic designers, printers, and related vendors as needed to ensure on-time, cost-efficient production.
- Develop and maintain systems for organizing electronic files, physical media, and other materials and information critical to graphic production.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Three to four years of experience designing and laying out a variety of publications, including working with printers through all stages of prepress and production.
Two years of study in graphic design and print production, or equivalent.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of publication design principles, including page layout, typography, effective use of color, and printing processes.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in QuarkXPress; Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat; and Microsoft Word.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to interact in a polite, professional manner with staff.
Organization Location and Reporting Line:
The person selected for this position will have his or her primary organizational appointment in the Office of Production Services. The person will report to the Publications Manager.
Salary and Benefits:
The position of Production Artist is an exempt position within Learning Point Associates. Salary is competitive and commensurate with training and experience expected at this level of employment. Learning Point Associates offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health and retirement benefits. Learning Point Associates is an employment-at-will employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and salary history to:
Harry Gunn, Office of Human Resources
Job Code: ProArt
Learning Point Associates
1120 East Diehl Road, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563-1486
Fax: (630) 649-6700
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learning Point Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, or national origin. This policy includes the handicapped and all disabled and/or Vietnam-era veterans. Learning Point Associates utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.